In response to COVID-19
We are updating our procedures and offerings and continue to closely monitor guidance from local health officials, The New York State Health Department and the Center for Disease Control.
- Hours of Operation:
The Sedgwick House will be closed Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesdays for additional deep cleaning and to allow all guest rooms to be vacant for 48 – 72 hours
During your stay:
- Our check-in and check-out procedures have been updated to allow for safe social distancing
- we recommend wearing masks in the public areas.
- Hand sanitizing containers will be available throughout the property
- We have a flexible cancellation and change policy
- Comprehensive COVID-19 guidance is in place, including recurrent cleaning of high-touch and traffic areas within the common areas and outdoor seating areas. These include, doorknobs, remote controls, stair rails, coffee station, countertops, tables, seating surfaces etc.
- In-room cleaning touchpoints are detail cleaned and sanitized (i.e. light switches, doorknobs, faucet handles)
- Before and after each stay, rooms will be sanitized from top to bottom. Focus on disinfecting rooms, common areas & restrooms and all touched surfaces throughout the Inn
- Adherence to strict sanitary guidelines in the kitchen & laundry areas.
- New ways to dine now! In order to maintain social distancing, our guests have a choice of outdoor and indoor dinning! Indoor dinning (including breakfast) options include our large dinning room table that seats six and the livingroom table that seats four. Outdoor dinning includes our newly created “breakfast nooks” on our porch and a rustic table of four on the lawn – all great options for an enjoyable al fresco dinning experience overlooking the mountain! There are 4 separate areas on our porch for guests to dine and relax , 2 outdoor tables with 4 chairs each and 2 areas with 2 armchairs & a coffee table each- all more then 6 inches apart from each other
In the meantime, just a couple of things we ask of you
- If you have been exposed to COVID-19 recently or have any symptoms, please help us keep everyone safe by rescheduling your stay. (no fee, of course)
- If you have underlying conditionsor are otherwise concerned about contracting COVID-19, please feel free to discuss your concerns with us. There are no inadequate questions. We want you to feel welcome and safe here.
Please feel free to call 518 263 3871 or email email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns. We continue to monitor the advice of the CDC and the NYS Health Department and are following all State and Federal guidelines. We sincerely appreciate the trust you place in us when you travel, and encourage guests to stay informed about CDC reported cases in our state by visiting their relevant website.